Starting from Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, the product supports native S3 compatible storage.
Please follow the steps below to configure Veeam to use NooBaa
1. Add a new scale-out repository. NooBaa bucket will be the capacity tier for this scale-out repository
2. Click Next and add a performance tier
3. Click Next and select placement policy
4. Check the checkbox of Extend scale-out backup repository capacity with object storage and click on the Add button
5. Name the new object storage repository
6. In the account details provide NooBaa endpoint and add credentials. You can get this information here
7. Select a bucket from NooBaa, click on Folder Browse button
8. Select an exiting or a new folder.
9. Click Next and review the summary
10. Click on Finish button, and on the Next button in the capacity tier window and review the scale-out summary.
You are done. Now you can simply use the scale-out repository in your backup job.
*NOTE: With Capacity Tier, a background offloading job is running every 4 hours. The offload of backup files occurs for backup jobs when the backups are deemed inactive (no longer part of the active chain). This is brought on by a new full file in the backup chain. The link below covers this process in a little more detail.
- Set Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Set system DNS name
- SSL certificate
- Virtual Host VS Path Style
- S3cmd configuration
- Shutting down NooBaa VM for maintenance
- Create your own serverless function
- ngnix caching and proxy
- Applications compatibility
- Red Hat Quay
- aws cli
- Hadoop and s3a
- Hybrid and multi-cloud capabilities for Ceph
- Maintenance mode